مدرسة بيلا الثانوية بنات
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

مدرسة بيلا الثانوية بنات

البوابةالرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
Mr.Mosaad
المدير العام
المدير العام
Mr.Mosaad

عدد المساهمات : 676
تاريخ التسجيل : 23/06/2009
العمر : 66
الموقع : https://bialagirl.ahlamontada.com

Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12 Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12   Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12 Icon_minitimeالأربعاء 29 يوليو 2009, 11:28 pm

Pronouns and reflexive pronouns

Name ______________________________________ Date _____________

1. Choose the correct answer from a, b, c or d.

1. The Smith family's garden is much larger than _____.
a. our b. ours c. ourself d. ourselves

2. Please take care with that camera. It has been _____ for many years.
a. my b. owned c. mine d. in mine

3. We painted the school walls _____ without any help.
a. ourself b. us-self c. ours d. ourselves

4. Please tell Fatma that her mother would like to speak to _____.
a. him b. hers c. her d. herself

5. I was surprised at how dirty I was when I saw _____ in the mirror.
a. her b. me c. myself d. mine

6. My sisters and brothers and I are all married, so my parents live by _____ now.
a. themselves b. themself c. theirself d. ourselves

7. We have five bedrooms. Three are for _____ and the others are for guests.
a. ourselves b. us c. ours d. we

8. Did you hurt _____ when you fell down the stairs?
a. - b. you c. yourself d. from

2. Rewrite using the words in brackets to give the same meaning.

1. This car belongs to us. (ours)

2. My father made the shelves on his own because he didn't want to pay a carpenter. (himself)

3. John saw the man sitting at the bus stop. (him)

4. Can you please tell the girls to tidy their room? (them)

5. That house is owned by them. (theirs)

3. Find the mistakes and correct them.

My uncle has a new house. He didn’t build it hisself, of course, but he found an architect to design the house, and he paid workers to construct it. My uncle's son is an electrician, and he helped my uncle with the electrical things. They both love to paint, so together they painted the inside of the house, and also they worked on the garden themself. My uncle didn't have a lot of furniture, so my father gave him some of theirs. When the house was finished, I wanted to see it himself, so my uncle invited me for dinner. I love my uncle’s house — it is very modern and it is much bigger than our.

4. Match the phrases, then rewrite each sentence below.

A B
1. Ask her if that necklace a. are mine.
2. They did it b. is really hers.
3. Tell Ali c. myself.
4. I would like to see it d. that I am waiting for him.
5. The pens which you borrowed e. ourselves.
f. themselves.

1. __________________________________________________________________
2. __________________________________________________________________
3. __________________________________________________________________
4. __________________________________________________________________
5. __________________________________________________________________

5. Read the paragraph. Underline the correct words in parentheses.

Little Walid was upset and crying. He had been playing together with his friend Amr, who had taken his favourite Spiderman book from him. "The Spiderman book is (my –mine – myself)!" cried little Walid. Amr replied, "No, it's mine now!" Amr's mother came running into the room. She looked at Little Walid and asked him, "Little Walid, you say this book is (his – yours – your). Is it really?" Little Walid nodded his head to say yes, still crying. Amr's mother then looked at Amr and asked him, "Little Walid says that this book is (hers – his – himself). Is that true?" Amr told his mother that yes, it was really Little Walid's book. Amr's mother gave Little Walid back the Spiderman book. Little Walid was still crying. He didn't have any tissues to wipe away the tears in his eyes and on his face, so Amr's mother gave him some of (his – her – hers). Then she told Little Walid, "If you ever want to read any new books, you are always welcome to come here and borrow some of (ours – our – ourselves). We have many interesting books." Amr smiled at Little Walid, and they were friends again.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://bialagirl.ahlamontada.com
Mr.Mosaad
المدير العام
المدير العام
Mr.Mosaad

عدد المساهمات : 676
تاريخ التسجيل : 23/06/2009
العمر : 66
الموقع : https://bialagirl.ahlamontada.com

Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12 Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12   Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 12 Icon_minitimeالأربعاء 29 يوليو 2009, 11:29 pm

Pronouns and reflexive pronouns
ANSWERS

1 - b 2 - c 3 - d 4 - c
5 - c 6 - a 7 - b 8 - c

1. This car is ours.
2. My father made the shelves (by) himself because he didn't want to pay a carpenter.
3. John saw him sitting at the bus stop.
4. Can you please tell them to tidy their room?
5. That is their house.

My uncle has a new house. He didn’t build it himself, of course, but he found an architect to design the house, and he paid workers to construct it. My uncle's son is an electrician, and he helped my uncle with the electrical things. They both love to paint, so together they painted the inside of the house, and also they worked on the garden themselves. My uncle didn't have a lot of furniture, so my father gave him some of ours/his. When the house was finished, I wanted to see it myself, so my uncle invited me for dinner. I love my uncle’s house — it is very modern and it is much bigger than ours/our house.

1 - b Ask her if that necklace is really hers.
2 - f They did it themselves.
3 - d Tell Ali that I am waiting for him.
4 - c I would like to see it myself.
5 - a The pens which you borrowed are mine.

Little Walid was upset and crying. He had been playing together with his friend Amr, who had taken his favourite Spiderman book from him. "The Spiderman book is mine!" cried little Walid. Amr replied, "No, it's mine now!" Amr's mother came running into the room. She looked at Little Walid and asked him, "Little Walid, you say this book is yours. Is it really?" Little Walid nodded his head to say yes, still crying. Amr's mother then looked at Amr and asked him, "Little Walid says that this book is his. Is that true?" Amr told his mother that yes, it was really Little Walid's book. Amr's mother gave Little Walid back the Spiderman book. Little Walid was still crying. He didn't have any tissues to wipe away the tears in his eyes and on his face, so Amr's mother gave him some of hers. Then she told Little Walid, "If you ever want to read any new books, you are always welcome to come here and borrow some of ours. We have many interesting books." Amr smiled at Little Walid, and they were friends again.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://bialagirl.ahlamontada.com

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 2
» Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 5
» Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 3
» Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 8
» Secondary 2 - Grammar - Unit 9